Energetic Juniors for the Whole Family: Workouts in the ParkAugust 19, 2013
Walking in the park is one of the best ways you can be active as a family. Here’s some more creative ideas of how to get your whole family fit (including yourself!) while enjoying the park!
1. Do some tricep dips on a park bench!
2. Try a few push-ups against a tree!
3. Pretend that you’re Rocky and sprint up some steps (singing Eye of the Tiger optional)!
4. Test your toughness by walking up a hill; then, let loose and roll all the way down!
5. Locate a soft, grassy patch and do a few yoga poses!
By Christine Washburn, ACSM CPT/CIFT, Energetic Juniors and Energetic Seniors Trainer