Summer is a great time to introduce a rainbow of veggies to some of your family meals.
Here’s a great recipe that we LOVE!
Rainbow Vegetable Kebabs (serves 6):
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1-2 zucchinis
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Carefully cut bell peppers in 1″ pieces, zucchini into ½ moon slices, and slice tomatoes in half. Peel and cut the onion into wedges. Add them all to a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop mint and add to bowl.
- Grate lemon zest to taste and add to bowl, along with olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Prepare and preheat grill to high heat.
- Thread the tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and onion onto skewers in a “rainbow”.
- Grill or broil about 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through
For more great tips or to find out more about our services, contact Bonita@EnergeticJuniors.com, or call 212-879-1566.