By Energetic Juniors Trainer Katrina M. Phillip Here is a good idea to enjoy some quality time with your kids, and to get the blood pumping and the brain focused. Go outside for a walk and enjoy the colors of all the leaves falling from the trees. On your power walk, collect 5 differently shaped leaves. When you arrive home, try to make up your own yoga pose that resembles each of the leaves you chose. Remember to hold your poses for at least 10 seconds. Breath in through your nose, and out through your mouth. The next time you go outside, think of even more fun ways to get your children moving. Be creative, and encourage them to run, jump, skip, etc. They’ll thank you for it in the long run. To find out more about our customized fitness programs, contact Bonita at Bonita@EnergeticJuniors.com, or call 212-879-1566.
- Core Strength Is Important for Children Too
- Transforming Your Home Into a Little Fitness Challenge
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- Stretching has SO MANY Benefits
- Fitness doesn’t have to be complicated!
- You Don’t Need A Drill Sergeant, You Need A Motivator
- The Busy Parent’s Guide to Getting Dinner on the Table
- Back to School Fitness
- Free Play
- Active Options
- Do You Have A Picky Eater?
- Catch, Don’t Catch