By Energetic Juniors Trainer Katrina M. Phillip Here is a good idea to enjoy some quality time with your kids, and to get the blood pumping and the brain focused. Go outside for a walk and enjoy the colors of all the leaves falling from the trees. On your power walk, collect 5 differently shaped leaves. When you arrive home, try to make up your own yoga pose that resembles each of the leaves you chose. Remember to hold your poses for at least 10 seconds. Breath in through your nose, and out through your mouth. The next time you go outside, think of even more fun ways to get your children moving. Be creative, and encourage them to run, jump, skip, etc. They’ll thank you for it in the long run. To find out more about our customized fitness programs, contact Bonita at Bonita@EnergeticJuniors.com, or call 212-879-1566.
- Myth Busted: “Strength Training Will Make Me Bulk Up”
- A Fresh Take on Hopscotch
- Active Family Game Night
- How Do I Make Healthy Eating Part of My Child’s Wellness Routine?
- Being A Good Role Model for Your Children
- My Child Isn’t Sweating—does this mean they aren’t working hard enough?
- 6 Tips for Picky Eaters
- Get Motivated – Even if You Don’t Want to!
- Is Your Child Struggling To Find A Place In The Fitness Universe?
- “I Want To Get In Shape, Mom”
- Pumpkin Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Make a Mental Health Check-In with your Child (Part 2)